Thursday, March 24, 2011

A photo for your thoughts?






















Something about this photo (which I took yesterday behind the office, while practicing lighting a shoot I need to do tomorrow) really captivates me. This morning's pensive mood has me thinking about it again... I think I'm feeling (once again) a reminder to simplify. To slow down. To stop and notice the details and forget about all the things passing you by. To live deeply not quickly.

I think of the imagery of psalm 23 (paraphrased by Jon Foreman, "House of God Forever"):

God is my shepherd
I won't be wanting
I won't be wanting
He makes me rest
In fields of green
With quite streams
Even though I walk
Through the valley
Of death and dying
I will not fear
'Cause you are with me
You are with me

Your shepherd staff

Comforts me
You are my feast
In the presence of enemy
Surely goodness
Follow me
Follow me
In the house of God, forever


I know this photo isn't typically what you'd associate with the green pastures of psalm 23, but for some reason...this is where my pensive morning has taken me. Ya feel me?

No comments:

Post a Comment